Sunday, June 27, 2010

Shakespeare in the Park



Last week I went with a few friends to draw a performance of Richard III in Central Park. Now, I'm embarrassed to admit that I have never read Richard III, so I didn't really always know exactly what was happening, but I tried to keep up! It was easier to get caught up in the beauty of the performance, with the actors moving from one picturesque spot to the next. The whole thing looked like a fairy tale, and the audience was spellbound like little kids hearing a storybook, leaning in towards the actors as they delivered their lines.


I did manage to catch one line I knew at the end of the play, though!



"A horse! a horse! my kingdom for a horse!"

You can view my friends' beautiful drawings from the same event below:

Audrey
Alex
Julia

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it, Evan! And thanks for the shout out!

Unknown said...

Great sketches Evan. Love the one with the colour framed by the audience