Thursday, October 10, 2013

New York Dog House Mural - Meet the Artist


I'm very happy to announce that a restaurant/bar New York Dog House in Astoria that I painted a 3-wall mural for earlier in the year has just opened for business! I had a great time working on such a large scale and getting to experiment with the industrial of the restaurant in the textural paint and design. The mural is called "Astoria Swing" and is a jazz-inspired vision of the dynamic and vibrant industrial landscape of Astoria and the elevated subway tracks of the N-Q line.

NY Dog House is hosting a "Meet the Artist" event on Friday, October 18th starting at 6:00 pm. I'll be there, as well as some delicious food and great drinks, so I hope to see you all there! Also on display are some of my reportage drawings from around New York City with originals and prints available for purchase.




Preparatory drawing for the mural.

No comments: